My name is Zhiyu Chen(陈知雨), from China. My first name “Zhiyu” comes from an ancient Chinese poem(好雨知时节), which means good rain knows the season. Now I am a Ph.D candidate at Lehigh University CSE department, advised by Prof. Brian D. Davison. My research interests include data mining, machine learning, natural language processing and information retrieval(word clouds generated from my reading list here). Here is my CV.
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA
- Ph.D in Computer Science (2015-present)
- GPA: 3.97/4.0
- Ecole Supérieure d’Ingénieurs Léonard de Vinci, Paris, France
- Exchange Program (2014-2015)
- GPA: 15.75/20
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China
- B.E. in Computer Science (2011-2015)
- GPA: 4.2/5.0 (ranking: 1/94)
- Zhuiyi Technology, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Position: Machine Learning Intern (05/2019-09/2019)
- Responsibility: Solutions for tasks in SuperGLUE. (Our submission ranked 3rd at the time of submission, including the human baseline ranked 1st)
- Manager: Yinan Xu
- Bloomberg, Princeton, NJ, USA
- Position: Data Science Intern (06/2016-08/2016)
- Responsibility: Analysis of Bloomberg Data Licence usage patterns.
- Manager: Michael Liebman
- Z. Chen, S. Zhang, and B. D. Davison. (2021) WTR: A Test Collection for Web Table Retrieval. In Proceedings of 44th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, July
- M. Trabelsi, Z. Chen, J. Heflin and B.D. Davison. (2020) A Hybrid Deep Model for Learning to Rank Data Tables. In Proceedings of the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2020), December.
- M. Trabelsi*, Z. Chen*, B. D. Davison, and J. Heflin. Relational Graph Embeddings for Table Retrieval. In the Seventh International Workshop on High Performance Big Graph Data Management, Analysis, and Mining (BigGraphs 2020), held with IEEE BigData 2020, December.
- Z. Chen*, M. Trabelsi*, B. D. Davison, and J. Heflin. (2020) Towards Knowledge Acquisition of Metadata on AI Progress. In Proceedings of the ISWC 2020 Demos and Industry Tracks: From Novel Ideas to Industrial Practice, co-located with the 19th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2020), November.
- Z. Chen, M. Trabelsi, J. Heflin, Y. Xu, and B. D. Davison. (2020) Table Search Using a Deep Contextualized Language Model. In Proceedings of 43rd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pages 589-598, July.
- H. Ye, Z. Chen, D.-H. Wang, and B. D. Davison. (2020) Pretrained Generalized Autoregressive Model with Adaptive Probabilistic Label Clusters for Extreme Multi-label Text Classification. In Proceedings of 37th International Conference on Machine Learning, PMLR 119, July.
- Z. Chen, H. Jia, J. Heflin, and B. D. Davison. (2020) Leveraging Schema Labels to Enhance Dataset Search. In Proceedings of the 42nd European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2020), pages 267-280, April.
- Y. Yi, Z. Chen, J. Heflin and B. D. Davison. (2018) Recognizing Quantity Names for Tabular Data. In Joint Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Professional Search (ProfS2018); the Second Workshop on Knowledge Graphs and Semantics for Text Retrieval, Analysis, and Understanding (KG4IR); and the International Workshop on Data Search (DATA:SEARCH’18), pages 68-73. Presented at the International Workshop on Data Search (DATA:SEARCH’18). Co-located with SIGIR 2018, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, July.
- Z. Chen, H. Jia, J. Heflin and B. D. Davison. (2018) Generating Schema Labels through Dataset Content Analysis. In Companion Proceedings of the The Web Conference (WWW ’18), pages 1515-1522. Presented at the International Workshop on Profiling and Searching Data on the Web(Profiles & Data:Search’18, co-located with The Web Conference), Lyon, France, April. Best paper award.
- Deep Text Matching and Applications （slides）
- Presentation at Graduate Research Seminar Series (GRSS) of my Depth Study at the Lehigh University, Bethlehem, USA, May 2019.
- Challenges and Progress in Dataset Search （slides）
- Presentation at the Eighth BCS-IRSG Symposium on Future Directions in Information Access (FDIA 2018), co-located with the 8th International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval, Tianjin, China, September 2018.
Honors and Awards
- 2021, ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant
- 2021, Rossin Professional Development Program Award at Lehigh University
- 2020, ISWC Student Grant
- 2020, ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant
- 2018, Best Paper Award of International Workshop on Profiles&Data:Search’18
- 2018, ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant
- 2015, RCEAS Dean’s Fellowship
- 2014, Chinese Government Scholarship from China Scholarship Council
- 2013, First Prize, National Mathematical Contest in Modeling (Jiangsu Division)
- 2012, Honorable Mention for Social Practice
- 2012, Second Prize, 11-th Higher Mathematics Competition of Jiangsu Province
- 2011-2014, Student Scholarship
- 2011-2014, Merit Student
- I make coffee every day.
- Close-up Magic
For more, check my instagram 🙂