My name is Zhiyu Chen(陈知雨), from China. My first name “Zhiyu” comes from an ancient Chinese poem(好雨知时节), which means good rain knows the season. Now I am a Ph.D candidate at Lehigh University CSE department, advised by Prof. Brian D. Davison. My research interests include data mining, machine learning, natural language processing and information retrieval(word clouds generated from my reading list here). Here is my CV.
- Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, USA
- Ph.D in Computer Science (2015-present)
- GPA: 3.97/4.0
- Ecole Supérieure d’Ingénieurs Léonard de Vinci, Paris, France
- Exchange Program (2014-2015)
- GPA: 15.75/20
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, China
- B.E. in Computer Science (2011-2015)
- GPA: 4.2/5.0 (ranking: 1/94)
- Zhuiyi Technology, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
- Position: Machine Learning Intern (05/2019-09/2019)
- Responsibility: Solutions for tasks in SuperGLUE. (Our submission ranked 3rd at the time of submission, including the human baseline ranked 1st)
- Manager: Yinan Xu
- Bloomberg, Princeton, NJ, USA
- Position: Data Science Intern (06/2016-08/2016)
- Responsibility: Analysis of Bloomberg Data Licence usage patterns.
- Manager: Michael Liebman
- Deep Text Matching and Applications （slides）
- Presentation at Graduate Research Seminar Series (GRSS) of my Depth Study at the Lehigh University, Bethlehem, USA, May 2019.
- Challenges and Progress in Dataset Search （slides）
- Presentation at the Eighth BCS-IRSG Symposium on Future Directions in Information Access (FDIA 2018), co-located with the 8th International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval, Tianjin, China, September 2018.
Honors and Awards
- 2020, ISWC Student Grant
- 2020, ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant
- 2018, Best Paper Award of International Workshop on Profiles&Data:Search’18
- 2018, ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant
- 2015, RCEAS Dean’s Fellowship
- 2014, Chinese Government Scholarship from China Scholarship Council
- 2013, First Prize, National Mathematical Contest in Modeling (Jiangsu Division)
- 2012, Honorable Mention for Social Practice
- 2012, Second Prize, 11-th Higher Mathematics Competition of Jiangsu Province
- 2011-2014, Student Scholarship
- 2011-2014, Merit Student
- I make coffee every day.
- Close-up Magic
For more, check my instagram 🙂